Help With Describing Symptoms To Your
Describing noises to a mechanic can be tough... especially for those with stage fright. Here are a few question to ask yourself first before talking to your mechanic
- Is the noise coming from the front or the rear?
- Is the noise coming from the left (drivers side) or the right (passengers side)?
- Does it only happen when the vehicle is in motion?
- Does it only happen when the vehicle is going over bumps?
- Does it only happen when the vehicle is taking a turn? If so, which direction?
- Does it only happen…
- In the morning?
- When it’s raining?
- When it’s cold?
- When it’s hot?
- After a long drive?
- What does the noise sound like…
- A bird chirping?
- A tin can like rattling?
- Clunk or Bang?
- Something dragging?
Giving your mechanic as much information as possible will save a lot of time and may prevent the car being misdiagnosed.
Always remember! No one knows your car better than you do. Not even your mechanic.
More information coming soon.